Right For New York
I am proud to join the growing number of community leaders and other New Yorkers who know that Indian Point is right for New York.
The Indian Point Energy Center provides clean, reliable lower-cost electricity and is one of the safest and most thoroughly reviewed energy facilities in the country. I support Indian Point because:
- It safely and reliably provides about 25% of New York City and Westchester’s power - or enough to power 2 million homes.
- Its power is virtually emission-free.
- It creates more than 1,100 full-time positions at the plant while also enabling downstate New York to keep and grow jobs in industries that depend on a reliable supply of power.
- Downstate New York’s electric rates would be significantly higher without Indian Point’s low-cost power and shutting down the plant could result in rolling blackouts in downstate New York and New York City.
- Over $1 billion has been invested to upgrade and strengthen these plants in recent years and there are layers upon layers of safety and security systems in place.